The aperol spritz, or spritz veneziano, is classic Italian cocktail made with prosecco, Aperol and club soda. This light, bubbly cocktail is refreshing and sweet, making it a great option for a summer afternoon in the sun.
What you will love about the Aperol spritz
- This wine based cocktail is a classic for a reason, and this it’s loved internationally. If you’ve never tried Aperol, this is the way to do it.
- Similar to a bicicletta, this wine based cocktail is light and lower in alcohol content, which makes it a great daytime drink.
Here’s what you’ll need to make them
How to make an Aperol spritz
Mix your drink. Fill wine glass with ice, and add 2 ounces Aperol and 3 ounces prosecco to the glass. Stir gently to combine, then top with club soda.
Garnish and serve. Add an orange slice and serve immediately.
Aperol spritz: frequently asked questions
Aperol is a vibrant Italian liqueur, that boasts a bittersweet orange taste. It is traditionally served for sipping with appetizers or small plates, though it has become more famous in recent years for this light and bubbly cocktail.
If you store it properly, in the fridge once opened, then it should last you about 3 months.
Campari can be used as a substitute though it will not be as sweet of a cocktail.
Other sweet bubbly cocktails you will lovePrint
- 3 ounces prosecco
- 2 ounces Aperol
- Club soda
- For garnish: orange slice
- Fill a wine glass with ice.
- Add Aperol and prosecco, and gently stir to combine.
- Top with club soda and garnish with an orange slice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: aperol spritz, prosecco spritz, wine cocktail, spritz veneziano, bitter cocktail
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.