Why we love this Baileys espresso martini
- If you love coffee as much as we do, you will love this Baileys espresso martini.
- It’s an elegant cocktail option to serve for your next St. Patrick’s day celebration or brunch gathering.
- This martini is also a stunning alternative to an after dinner cocktail.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Baileys – Any Irish cream liqueur would be suitable for this martini recipe. Baileys makes a great almond milk Irish cream if you are looking to avoid dairy.
- Coffee liqueur – We used Kahlua, but any coffee liqueur such as Kamora would work. Something like Frangelico would give this recipe a slightly nutty flavor, would pair well with these flavors.
- Chilled espresso – Made sure to chill your espresso ahead of time
How to make espresso martini recipe with Baileys
Fill a cocktail shaker. Add vodka, irish cream, coffee liqueur, chilled espresso and ice to a shaker.
Shake and strain. Shake contents until well chilled. Strain into a martini glass.
Garnish. Float a few espresso beans on top of martini for a beautiful presentation.
Everything you need to know about a creamy espresso martini
These two liqueurs, though they pair wonderfully together, are not interchangeable. Baileys is made from a blend of whiskey, liqueur and cream while Kahlua consists of rum with coffee liqueur.
Vodka is the most common liquor for an espresso martini. It is used frequently because it allows some of the other flavors in the martini to stand out over the vodka. Other liquors can be outstanding in an espresso martini as well, try this tequila espresso martini for a unique espresso martini experience.
Refrigeration is not required, even when Baileys has been opened. We store ours in the fridge to help when mixing chilled cocktails. Having Baileys chilled also helps when making layered cocktails or shots.
More Irish cream cocktails you will love
More martini recipes you should try
Go ahead. Have another drink!
If you love this cocktail, I’m sure you’ll love the rest of my drink recipes. Sign up to get my latest sent straight to your inbox every week.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces Baileys Irish cream
- 1/2 ounce coffee liqueur
- 2 ounces chilled espresso
- For garnish: whole espresso beans
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Vodka
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Irish
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 337
- Sugar: 14.6 g
- Sodium: 52.5 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 27 mg
Keywords: Baileys espresso martini, espresso martini recipe with baileys, creamy espresso martini, espresso martini, espresso martini recipe, expresso martini, best espresso martini recipe, how to make an espresso martini
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.