Why we love this blueberry margarita
- The frozen icy texture of this blueberry margarita has a delightful smooth consistency, making it a sweet and refreshing cocktail for hot summer days.
- These frozen blueberry margaritas are super easy to make and only require a few ingredients and a blender. Any one can make this margarita recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Frozen blueberries – The sweetness of blueberries are enhanced when they are frozen which helps with the flavor balance of this margarita. Plus, they are already frozen which means less added ice.
- Lime juice
- Triple sec
- Agave nectar – This is used to sweeten the margarita. When making frozen margaritas it is harder to taste sweetness with colder temperatures, so you’ll need to use a little more than you would for an on-the-rocks margarita. If you don’t have agave, you can also substitute simple syrup.
How to make a frozen blueberry margarita
Blend your drink. Add all ingredients and 1 ½ cups of ice to a blender. No need to thaw the blueberries. Continue blending until smooth, but still icy.
Pour and serve. Rim 4 glasses with sugar and divide the margaritas between the glasses. Garnish with a lime wedge and fresh blueberries.
Everything you need to know recipe name
Frozen blueberries last quite a while in the freezer. They should retain their flavor and color for up to 8 months. That being said the more you thaw and unthaw bags of frozen fruit, you cut down on their freshness and taste.
Frozen blueberries taste different from fresh blueberries because the water content has been altered. Just like when baking or cooking with blueberries, they release juices and almost seem to ripen. A frozen blueberry will have a more similar taste to a cooked blueberry.
More frozen cocktail recipes you will love
- Frozen watermelon margarita
- Passion fruit daiquiri
- Cantaloupe melon margarita
- Frozen sangria wine slushies
More margarita recipes you should try
- Blood orange hibiscus mezcalita
- Roasted strawberry margarita
- Prickly pear margaritas
- Limoncello lemon margaritas
Go ahead. Have another drink!
If you love this cocktail, I’m sure you’ll love the rest of my drink recipes. Sign up to get my latest sent straight to your inbox every week.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces tequila
- 2 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2 ounce agave nectar or simple syrup
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups ice
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Tequila
- Method: Blending
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 19.8 g
- Sodium: 2.5 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: blueberry margarita, blueberry margarita recipe, blueberry margaritas, frozen blueberry margarita, blueberry tequila, blueberry cocktail, blueberry drink,
Last Updated on June 28, 2023 by Melissa Belanger
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.