Why we love this carrot bourbon cocktail
- Thanks to the egg white, it has a creamy, rich texture and a velvety finish.
- The “secret” ingredient that really sets this cocktail apart is the ginger syrup, which adds a spicy kick and a subtle sweetness. Fresh carrot juice gives the cocktail it’s beautiful orange hue and earthy flavor.
- Garnished with a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg, which adds a warm and aromatic finish that blends beautifully with the ginger.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Bourbon whiskey
- Amaro montenegro – Almost any amaro will work here, but montenegro is a bit sweeter which is nice with the carrot juice.
- Carrot juice – I purchased fresh carrot juice from my grocery store, but you can also make your own with a blender and strainer.
- Lemon juice – Fresh squeezed will taste best.
- Ginger simple syrup – This needs to be made ahead of time to allow it to cool, but it’s really easy to make (recipe below).
How to make this carrot bourbon cocktail recipe
Make the simple syrup. Combine 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger – or about a 1-inch piece that’s been peeled – with 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar. Heat over medium until the sugar dissolves.
Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature with the ginger in the pan. Then strain in to a container to store for later.
Dry shake. Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker without ice. Cover and shake until light and frothy. You can also use a milk frother instead of dry shaking.
Shake with ice. Add ice and shake the cocktail again until cold. Then, strain the drink into a chilled cocktail glass (no ice).
Garnish and serve. Grate fresh nutmeg on top of the cocktail and add fresh mint to the top before serving. You could also use a carrot top sprig if you have that.
More bourbon cocktail recipes you will love
More juice cocktail recipes you should try
Go ahead. Have another drink!
If you love this cocktail, I’m sure you’ll love the rest of my drink recipes. Sign up to get my latest sent straight to your inbox every week.
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 1/4 ounce amaro montenegro
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce ginger simple syrup*
- 1 1/2 ounce carrot juice
- 1 egg white
- For garnish: fresh nutmeg, mint leaves
- Add the ingredients to a cocktail shaker and dry shake for at least 30 seconds.
- Add ice and shake again until cold.
- Garnish with fresh grated nutmeg and a few mint leaves.
To make simple syrup: Heat 1 cup sugar with 1 cup of water over medium until the sugar dissolves. Add 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger – or about a 1-inch piece that’s been peeled to the pan. Allow the syrup to cool. Then, strain and store for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Whiskey
- Method: Shaken
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 12.6 g
- Sodium: 83.2 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.1 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Easter cocktail, easter drinks, carrot whiskey cocktail, bourbon cocktail, bourbon drinks, carrot cocktail, carrot juice cocktail, bourbon cocktail recipe, bourbon cocktail recipes, summer bourbon cocktail
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.