Why we love this cranberry mimosa
- The deep red hue of this cranberry juice cocktail adds festive pop of color to your holiday gathering. Plus, topped with fresh cranberries the presentation of this cocktail is elegant, sleek and stunning.
- The sweet and tart combo of cranberry juice and sparkling wine is refreshing and and light. This mimosa is made for toasting with friends at a holiday brunch or lounging fireside on Christmas morning.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Sparkling wine – Any sweet sparkling wine will work well, you can use prosecco or whatever is your favorite. We used a sparkling rosé wine. I like to use a drier wine, but if you prefer a sweet one, go for that instead.
- Cointreau – You can substitute with another orange liqueur if you don’t have this brand on hand.
- Cranberry juice – We used sweetened cranberry cocktail for this recipe. You don’t want to use unsweetened as it will be too bitter.
How to make a poinsettia cocktail
Chill your ingredients. Since this cocktail isn’t going to be shaken, make sure you chill your ingredients. If you don’t have time for that, use a bar spoon to stir the Cointreau and cranberry juice with ice in a cocktail mixing glass until they’re cold.
Fill your glass. Combine orange liqueur and cranberry juice in a chilled champagne flute or coupe, stirring with a bar spoon to combine well.
Top with bubbly. Pour chilled sparkling rosé wine or prosecco over until glass is filled. Top with fresh cranberries and serve.
More champagne cocktails you will love
More juice cocktail recipes you should try
- Garibaldi cocktail
- Rosemary pomegranate gin cocktail
- Mary Pickford cocktail
- Apple juice and vodka cocktail
Go ahead. Have another drink!
If you love this cocktail, I’m sure you’ll love the rest of my drink recipes. Sign up to get my latest sent straight to your inbox every week.
1/2 ounce Cointreau (orange liqueur)
3 ounces cranberry juice, chilled
3 ounces sparkling rosé wine or prosecco, chilled
- Combine cointreau and chilled cranberry juice in a champagne flute and stir with a bar spoon to incorporate.
- Top with chilled sparkling wine and garnish with fresh cranberries.
Keywords: poinsettia cocktail, poinsettia cocktails, poinsettia drink, christmas champagne cocktail, christmas cranberry cocktail, champagne cocktail christmas, drink poinsettia, champagne cocktails for christmas, christmas champagne cocktails, cranberry mimosa, cranberry mimosas
Last Updated on December 29, 2023 by Melissa Belanger
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.