Why we love the French 76
- The French 76 is similar to a vodka collins, but topped with champagne instead of club soda. The addition of champagne makes it perfect for a celebration of any kind.
- The simple flavor of the vodka doesn’t compete with the champagne, allowing the flavor of the wine to shine through rather than compete with the base ingredients, while the lemon juice adds a bit of brightness to the drink.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Lemon juice – Fresh is best, but bottled will work. You can also substitute lime, or even grapefruit juice in its place.
- Simple syrup – Swap out that classic simple syrup for a flavored one to change things up and create new variations of this drink.
- Champagne – Any sparkling wine will work here, but champagne is the most traditional choice. However, we usually opt for prosecco because it has a lower price point.
How to make a French 76
Shake the base. Add vodka, simple syrup and lemon juice to your cocktail shaker and top with ice. Cover and shake until cold, about 30 seconds.
Top with bubbles. Strain into a flute glass and top with champagne or sparkling wine.
Garnish and serve. Add a lemon twist to the glass and serve immediately.
Everything you need to know about the French 76
A French 76 is a variation on the classic French 75. The original French 75 is made with gin, while this is made with vodka with the remaining ingredients staying the same.
More bubbly cocktails you will love
More vodka recipes you should tryPrint
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3 ounces champagne or prosecco
- Combine vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Cover and shake until cold.
- Strain into a flute glass and top with champagne.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Vodka
- Method: Shaking
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 14.6 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.1 g
- Fiber: 12.1 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: french 76, french 76 recipe, french 76 cocktail, french 75 with vodka, french drinks, french cocktail, french 77, french 75
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.