Why we love this ice tea cocktail
- It’s a summer staple. We almost always have iced tea in our house during the summer months. It’s so easy to make a quick batch of cold brew tea, or you can even use store bought.
- Basic ingredients. Vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup are ingredients we always have in our bar, so this can be made in a pinch.
- It’s customizable. You can use any type of tea you want, like the vanilla rooibos I used in my brandy slush. And, you can swap out your simple syrup for a flavored one, like blueberry simple syrup.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Vodka – You don’t need top shelf here, but something that tastes great will make a big difference in the quality of your cocktail.
- Lemon juice – I always recommend freshly squeezed if you can manage it.
- Simple syrup – Any liquid sweetener will work here. Agave would be an easy substitute if you have it.
- Iced tea – You can use sweet or unsweetened iced tea, whatever you would normally drink. Just remember that you’ll be adding sweetener so account for that in your taste.
How to make an ice pick drink
Prep. If needed, brew some iced tea, but make sure it’s cold before you make your cocktail.
Slice some lemons for garnish, and fill your glasses with crushed ice.
Pour the cocktail. To each glass, add vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup. Top with iced tea.
Stir until cold. Use a cocktail spoon to stir the drink until it’s nice and cold, about 30 seconds.
Garnish with lemon and serve immediately.
Everything you need to know about spiked iced tea
Yes, you should refrigerate fresh brewed iced tea. Once the tea is prepared, storing in the fridge will help keep the tea fresh, but most of all you want the iced tea to be ice cold. You can buy fresh brewed tea in a lot of grocery stores in the refrigerated section if you don’t feel like making your own. It’s located by the refrigerated juices in our grocery store, and sold in a variety of sweetness levels.
More simple cocktail you will love
More vodka recipes you should tryPrint
- 1 ½ oz vodka
- 3 oz freshly brewed iced tea
- ½ oz lemon juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- lemon wheels, garnish
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour ingredients over ice and stir.
- Garnish with lemon wheel and serve.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Vodka
- Method: Stirring
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 3.2 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: ice pick drink, spiked iced tea, spiked tea, alcoholic iced tea, ice tea cocktail, hard iced tea, hard tea, alcoholic iced tea, vodka iced tea, sweet tea vodka, iced vodka tea
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.