Why we love this Irish breakfast shot
- Even though it’s named after the most important meal of the day, this shot can be served anytime you like.
- This breakfast shot recipe is so simple to make yet, it’s bursting with hearty breakfast flavors.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Irish whiskey – We used Jameson but any Irish whiskey will work great.
- Butterscotch schnapps – This is what give the shot it’s distinct breakfast flavor, reminiscent of maple syrup.
- Orange juice – This will be a chaser, but it is also an important flavor element. The acidity of the orange juice helps smooth the harshness of the whiskey leaving you with a sweet, sunny aftertaste.
- Bacon – optional, but makes for a beautiful presentation.
How to make an irish pancake shot
Shake. Vigorously shake ingredients until well chilled. Strain and pour into a shot glass.
Serve with chilled orange juice chaser. Bacon optional, but encouraged for a well rounded breakfast feel. Try serving it with this million dollar bacon, you won’t regret it.
More shot recipes you will love
More whiskey cocktails you should try
Go ahead. Have another drink!
If you love this cocktail, I’m sure you’ll love the rest of my drink recipes. Sign up to get my latest sent straight to your inbox every week.
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey
- 1/2 ounce butterscotch schnapps
- 2 ounces orange juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add whiskey and butterscotch schnapps. Shake until cold.
- Strain and pour into shot glass.
- Fill a separate glass with orange juice.
- Serve together.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Shots
- Method: Shaken
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 1.3 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: irish breakfast shot, breakfast shot jameson, irish breakfast shot recipe, irish pancake shot, jameson pancake shot, pancake shot, breakfast shot
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.