Don’t embrace the cold, escape it with this festive Jack Frost cocktail. Made with blue curaçao, pineapple juice and vodka, this frozen cocktail tastes like a trip to the tropics even if you’re stuck a winter wonderland.
Why we love the jack frost cocktail
- This blue cocktail tastes just like a piña colada, but it’s made with vodka instead of rum.
- Rimming this drink with coconut gives it a snowy look that’s perfect for winter, but you can enjoy it any time of the year.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Cream of coconut – We used Coco Lopez cream of coconut. Don’t confuse this with coconut cream, which is a thicker, more unsweetened version of canned coconut milk. You want the sweetened version for this drink.
- Pineapple juice – Go for the canned kind. I like to buy smaller cans so I don’t end up with extra sitting around in my fridge, but the larger cans are more economical.
- Vodka – If you want, you can swap rum for this and you’ll end up with a blue piña colada.
- Blue curaçao – This gives the cocktail its color, so don’t skip or swap it.
How to make a jack frost cocktail
Prep your glasses. Lightly dip the rim of your glasses in corn syrup and then dip them into a plate of shredded coconut. Set them aside for later.
Serve your cocktails. Divide the drink between your prepared glasses and serve immediately.
Everything you need to know about the jack frost cocktail
While this isn’t a Hanukkah cocktail, the blue color of this drink makes it a great option for celebrating the holiday.
More frozen cocktails you will love
More winter cocktails you should try
- Spiked eggnog
- Wisconsin brandy old fashioned
- Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine
- Peppermint white russian
- Pink squirrel cocktail
- 1 6-ounce can pineapple juice
- 3 ounces blue curaçao
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1/2 15-ounce can cream of coconut
- 4 – 5 cups ice
- For garnish: corn syrup, shredded coconut
- Gently dip glass rims in corn syrup, followed by shredded coconut to coat the rim. Set aside.
- Combine cocktail ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and no large ice chunks remain.
- Divide between prepared cocktail glasses and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Vodka
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 40.6 g
- Sodium: 24.9 mg
- Fat: 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.7 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Jack frost drink, jack frost cocktail recipe, jack frosty cocktail, christmas cocktail, hanukkah cocktail
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.