Why we love this kiwi caipirinha
- While I haven’t had many caipirinha cocktails in my life, I haven’t had one that I didn’t like. But, I think my favorite will always be the kiwi.
- The cachaça pairs really well with fruits that are slightly sour, such as pineapple, passionfruit or kiwi. It makes for a cocktail that’s tangy, refreshing and slightly tart.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Cachaça – This Brazilian liquor is integral to a caipirinha, and I wouldn’t consider making one without it, but if you can’t find it, white rum would be your best substitute. In fact, if you’re shopping for cachaça, that’s usually where you’ll find it.
- Lime – You need fresh limes for this drink. You’re actually going to muddle the lime to release the oils in the rind, so you don’t want to skip it.
- Agave nectar – Typically, caipirinhas are made with sugar, but I think liquid sweetener is just easier so you can use simple syrup or regular sugar in place of the agave.
How to make a kiwi caipirinha
Muddle the fruit. Add the kiwi and lime to a cocktail mixer or wide glass. Use a muddler to mash the kiwi and release the oils and juice from the limes.
Shake the cocktail. Add the cachaça, agave nectar and lime juice to the cocktail shaker and top with ice. Shake until the drink is nice and cold.
Garnish and serve. Fill your glass with ice. Then, strain the caipirinha into the glass and garnish with a slice of kiwi (and a lime wedge, if you want).
For even more cocktail recipes, check out our recipe index!
More kiwi recipes you’ll love
More cachaça cocktails to try
P.S. Everything I know about caipirinhas, I learned from my friend Aline. She is a Brazilian recipes queen (most of the cachaça recipes above are hers) and if you’re looking for more Brazilian recipes, that’s where you’ll find them. We love her Brazilian black beans recipe.Print
Muddled with fresh kiwifruit and zesty lime and sweetened with agave nectar, this kiwi caipirinha is a tangy twist on the classic Brazilian cocktail featuring cachaça.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 caipirinha 1x
- Category: Cachaça
- Method: Muddling
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- 1 kiwi, peed and chopped
- 1/2 lime, quartered
- 2 ounces cachaca
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- For garnish: kiwi slice
- Muddle the kiwi and lime pieces in a cocktail shaker.
- Add cachaça, agave nectar and lime juice.
- Shake until cold.
- Strain into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Before serving, garnish with a kiwi slice.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 22.4 g
- Sodium: 6 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.7 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: kiwi caipirinha, caipirinha de kiwi, kiwi cocktail, kiwi drink, caipirinha recipe
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.