Why we love the lion’s tail cocktail
- This cocktail is perfect for anyone who loves bourbon. Allspice dram and bourbon play on each other so well, bringing out the best flavors they have to offer.
- It’s great to find an elegant bourbon cocktail that is this refreshing.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Lime juice
- Allspice dram – This is what gives this cocktail it’s spice – It’s an aromatic rum based liqueur made from allspice berries. It adds notes of nutmeg, cinnamon and clove to the cocktail.
- Simple syrup – Feel free to make your own homemade simple syrup, or use store bought.
How to make this lion’s tail cocktail recipe
Rim the glass. This set is optional but it adds to the overall appeal of the cocktail. Swipe your glass with a lime wedge and dip the glass in demerara/turbinado sugar. Set aside or pop it into the fridge till you’re ready to serve.
Shake the cocktail. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the drink ingredients. Cover and shake until your cocktail is nice and cold.
Strain and serve. This cocktail is served up (chilled without ice), so strain the cocktail directly into your prepared coupe glass, add a lime twist and enjoy!
Everything you need to know a lion’s tail cocktail
The lion’s tail cocktail tastes similar to a spiced whiskey sour. Some also say it is similar to the classic cocktail the sazerac. This cocktail is warm and rich in flavor with notes of citrus, spices and tangy lime juice.
More bourbon recipes you will love
More spiced cocktails you should try
Go ahead. Have another drink!
If you love this cocktail, I’m sure you’ll love the rest of my drink recipes. Sign up to get my latest sent straight to your inbox every week.
- 2 oz bourbon
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz allspice dram
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- For garnish: lime twist, raw sugar
- Optional: Rim a coupe glass with raw sugar before chilling.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, and add the bourbon, lime juice, allspice dram, simple syrup, and Angostura bitters.
- Cover and shake vigorously until well chilled – about 15 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass rimmed with raw sugar and garnish with a lime twist.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Bourbon
- Method: Shaken
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 13.3 g
- Sodium: 1.1 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.8 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: lions tail cocktail, lions tail drink, lions tail recipe, lion’s tail cocktail, lion’s tail drink, lion’s tail recipe, lion’s tail, lions tale cocktail, cocktails with lime, allspice dram cocktail, allspice dram cocktails, drinks with lime, bourbon cocktail, bourbon cocktails
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.