Classic cocktails part 2: Mary Pickford
I made this drink for my classic cocktail series, and it was an interesting one to say the least. This one was really convenient becasue I had all the ingredients in my liquor cabinet, and it’s a really easy cocktail to make.
I think the origin of this cocktail is really cool – I love the historical significance and elegance of the golden era of Hollywood, but unfortunately it wasn’t my favorite drink ever. The flavor combination was pretty good, but I couldn’t help but with there was something a little more too it.
Will I make it again? I probably won’t, but I might revisit this and riff off of it in the future to create something a little more interesting. With that said, I still think it’s worth giving this one a try because you might love it.
Fun fact: This cocktail was created at the same hotel that is home to the namesake Hotel Nacional cocktail.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this pineapple rum cocktail
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Rum – White rum is traditionally used in this cocktail, and I used a one from a local distillery that we had in our liquor cabinet. Use a good quality rum because it’s the most prominent ingredient.
- Pineapple juice
- Maraschino liqueur – We used Luxardo maraschino liqueur, but any brand will work here.
- Grenadine – homemade grenadine would be best, but if you don’t have it, that’s ok, store bought will work just fine.
How to make the Mary Pickford drink
Shake the cocktail. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the ingredients. Cover and shake until cold.
Garnish and serve. Strain your cocktail into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with a three cherries on a cocktail pick and a slice of dried pineapple (if you have it) and enjoy.
More rum cocktail recipes you will love
More classic cocktail recipes you should try
Go ahead. Have another drink!
If you love this cocktail, I’m sure you’ll love the rest of my drink recipes. Sign up to get my latest sent straight to your inbox every week.
2 ounces rum
1 ½ ounces pineapple juice
1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
1/4 ounce grenadine
- For garnish: cocktail cherries, dried pineapple slice
- Fill a cocktail shaker ice and add rum, pineapple juice, maraschino liqueur and grenadine. Cover and shake until well chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass and garnish with cocktail cherries and a dried pineapple slice
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Rum
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 10.7 g
- Sodium: 4.1 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: mary pickford cocktail, mary pickford drink, pineapple rum cocktail, pineapple cocktail, pineapple cocktail with rum, classic cocktails,
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.