What I love about these passionfruit daiquiris
Here’s what you’ll need to make them
Ingredients & substitutions
- Frozen passionfruit – I purchased this one from Target and it tasted great
- White rum – you can use another type of rum, but I don’t recommend spiced
- Lime juice – swap lemon if you want, you just need a little zip of citrus
- Passionfruit liquor – triple sec or orange liqueur will work, too
- Liquid sweetener – I used agave, but simple syrup would work great
How to make this passionfruit cocktail
Making these daiquiris couldn’t be easier.
Blend the ingredients. Combine the frozen passion fruit, rum, lime juice, agave nectar, triple sec, and ice in a blender and process until smooth. Divide the daiquiris up between 4 cocktail glasses – I used a coupe glass.
Garnish and serve. Garnish with a sprig of mint and an edible flower. I went for an orchid because it’s bright and colorful, just like the passionfruit, plus it screams tropical to me. You could also garnish with a sliced fresh passion fruit if you have one.
FAQs and tips for making passion fruit daiquiris
The main alcohol in any daiquiri is rum. In the particular recipe we are also including some triple sec for a little extra flavor!
The most basic daiquiri is made from rum, lime juice, and simple syrup. What’s great is that you can add all sorts of flavors to make a wide variety of daiquiris!
No, not all daiquiris are frozen drinks. In fact, the classic form of the cocktail was not frozen, it was shaken like a margarita on the rocks.
More refreshing daiquiri recipes you should try
Other rum based cocktails you will lovePrint
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen passionfruit
- 8 ounces rum
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces agave nectar (or simple syrup)
- 2 ounces passionfruit liqueur (or triple sec)
- 2 cups ice
- For garnish: edible flower, mint leaf
- Place ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Divide daiquiris between cocktail glasses. Garnish and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Rum
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 12.8 g
- Sodium: 15.4 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.1 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: passionfruit daiquiri, passion fruit daiquiri, frozen daiquiri, passionfruit cocktail
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.