Why we love this raspberry margarita
- This recipe is simple to make, just add everything to a blender. If you have left overs, store them in an airtight container – you can thaw them slightly and blend again to revive.
- The frozen icy texture of this margarita provides cool, refreshing treat perfect for a hot summer day or after a spicy meal.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Frozen raspberries – The sweetness of raspberries are enhanced when they are frozen which helps with the flavor balance of this margarita. Plus, they are already frozen which means less added ice.
- Triple sec
- Lime juice
- Agave nectar – This is used to sweeten the margarita. When making frozen margaritas it is harder to taste sweetness since it gets diluted when the ice is blended, so we have added a little more than we would recommend for an on-the-rocks margarita. You could also substitute simple syrup if needed.
How to make a frozen raspberry margarita
Blend. Continue blending until a smooth icy texture has formed and there are no longer any whole raspberries. Add additional ice if needed to achieve the perfect icey texture.
Pour and serve. Rim glasses with sugar and fill with frozen raspberry margarita. Garnish with a lime wedge and a cocktail skewer of fresh raspberries.
Everything you need to know about raspberry margaritas
Frozen raspberries last quite a while in the freezer. They should retain their flavor and color for up to 12 months. That being said the more you thaw and unthaw bags of frozen fruit, you cut down on their freshness and taste.
Frozen raspberries taste different from fresh raspberries because the water content has been altered. Just like when baking or cooking with raspberries, they release juices and almost seem to ripen. A frozen raspberry will have a more similar taste to a cooked raspberry.
More margarita recipes you will love
- Blood orange hibiscus mezcalita
- Frozen watermelon margarita
- Spicy jalapeño margarita
- Blackberry margarita smash
More pretty pink cocktails you should try
Go ahead. Have another drink!
If you love this cocktail, I’m sure you’ll love the rest of my drink recipes. Sign up to get my latest sent straight to your inbox every week.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 8 ounces tequila
- 2 ounce lime juice
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2 ounce agave nectar or simple syrup
- 2 –3 cups ice
- For garnish: lime wedge, fresh raspberries
- Add ingredients to a blender and process until smooth.
- Rim 4 cocktail glasses with sugar and divide the margaritas between them.
- Garnish with a lime and some fresh raspberries before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Margaritas
- Method: Blending
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 17.5 g
- Sodium: 9.6 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.9 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: raspberry margarita, raspberry margarita recipe, frozen raspberry margarita, margarita recipe raspberry, raspberry margarita recipes, raspberry margaritas recipe, raspberry margaritas recipes, recipe for raspberry margarita
Last Updated on June 28, 2023 by Melissa Belanger
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.