Why we love this rhubarb simple syrup
- The flavor of this simple syrup is outstanding. It offers a sweet and sour element that is ultimately refreshing thanks to the tanginess from the fresh rhubarb.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Rhubarb – We used frozen rhubarb, thawed for this recipe. You can use fresh rhubarb if you prefer, it will substitute with equal measurements .
How to make this rhubarb syrup
Prep the rhubarb. If using frozen rhubarb, allow it to thaw. If using fresh rhubarb, clean and chop the stalks of rhubarb (about 2 or 3 stalks).
Boil water. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to a simmer. Stir in sugar and rhubarb pieces, cooking until sugar has dissolved and rhubarb has softened. Remove from heat and allow rhubarb to steep in the hot syrup for 20-30 minutes to infused maximum flavor.
Bottle the syrup. Strain rhubarb pieces and transfer syrup into an airtight container or a bottle. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Everything you need to know rhubarb simple syrup
Homemade simple syrup can typically last for up to one month when stored properly in the refrigerator. Make sure to use a clean airtight storage container, remove any mix-ins, and store in the fridge when not using for best results.
More simple syrup recipes you will love
Try it with these cocktail recipes
Go ahead. Have another drink!
If you love this cocktail, I’m sure you’ll love the rest of my drink recipes. Sign up to get my latest sent straight to your inbox every week.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Stir in sugar, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped rhubarb.
- Allow rhubarb to steep in hot syrup for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove rhubarb pieces and transfer to an airtight container for storage.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Mixers
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1 ounce
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 16.9 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.8 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: rhubarb simple syrup, how to make simple syrup, rhubarb syrup, rhubarb simple recipe, homemade simple syrup, rhubarb recipes simple, flavored simple syrup, rhubarb syrup recipe
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.