Why we love this saturn cocktail
- This tiki cocktail boasts a unique and complex flavor that balances sweet, sour, and herbaceous notes found in its ingredients.
- Unlike most tiki drinks, this cocktail is made with gin instead of rum. So it’s naturally a favorite of mine.
- The tropical elements in this cocktail, like passion fruit syrup and velvet falernum, give this drink its distinctive island vibe.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Lemon juice
- Passion fruit syrup – Passion fruit simple syrup is a sweet and tangy syrup made with passion fruit pureé and sugar, commonly used for tiki cocktails.
- Orgeat syrup – Orgeat syrup is rich simple syrup that’s made from almonds, sugar, and rose and orange blossom water. Follow this easy shortcut recipe for homemade orgeat syrup, or you can use store bought.
- Velvet falernum – Velvet Falernum is a sweet, spiced liqueur used in a variety of tiki and tropical cocktails.
How to make a saturn cocktail.
Crush some ice. This cocktail is usually served over crushed ice – or ever flash blended – so you’ll want to make sure you have crushed ice ready to go before mixing.
Shake your cocktail. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add cocktail ingredients. Cover and vigorously shake the drink until it’s nice and cold.
Serve over ice. Strain and serve your cocktail over crushed ice. Wrap a cocktail cherry with a lime peel to mimic Saturns rings and thread it onto a cocktail pick for garnish.
More tiki cocktail recipes you will love
More gin cocktails you should try
Go ahead. Have another drink!
If you love this cocktail, I’m sure you’ll love the rest of my drink recipes. Sign up to get my latest sent straight to your inbox every week.
- 1 ½ ounces gin
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- ½ ounce passion fruit syrup
- ¼ ounce orgeat syrup
- ¼ ounce velvet falernum
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Tiki
- Method: Shaken
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 157
- Sugar: 13.8 g
- Sodium: 6.5 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.8 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: saturn cocktail, saturn drink, tiki cocktail, tiki drinks, tiki cocktails, tiki drink recipes, tiki drink, gin tiki drinks, gin cocktail, gin drinks
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.