Why we love this tequila lemonade
- The sweet and sour flavors of lemonade enhance the flavors of the tequila, highlighting the zesty citrus and balancing the earthy tequila.
- I love a simple pitcher cocktail recipe, and this one is a breeze to make and looks gorgeous, too.
- It makes a great addition to your Taco Tuesday menu. It’s also a great option for your brunch table, and even better for a summer afternoon spent on the patio.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
**This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.**
Ingredients & substitutions
- Tequila – Use what you have and like best, but I like to use a moderately priced silver tequila for pitcher drinks like this. No sense in wasting the fancy stuff when you’re mixing up pitchers.
- Frozen lemonade concentrate – Any brand will do. You can also use a pink lemonade or even limeade.
- Triple sec – Usually for margaritas, I opt for Cointreau, but I like to use a sweeter triple sec for this recipe because it balances the acidity in the lemonade mix, and it’s budget friendly if you know you’re going to be making a lot of pitchers.
How to make this tequila lemonade cocktail
Combine ingredients. In a large pitcher, add all ingredients. Stirring to combine well. Refrigerate until ready to serve, adding garnishes prior to serving.
Add lemons. I like to use lemon wheels for garnish in the cocktail pitcher for a little extra color and visual appeal. You can skip this if you want.
Slice a lemon into 8-10 wheels and toss them in the pitcher.
Serve over ice. Adding ice to the cocktail glasses instead of the pitcher prevents the cocktail from becoming diluted.
Fill cocktail glasses with crushed ice, pouring the tequila lemonade over the ice. Serve with a lemon wheel or wedge on the rim of the glass.
More lemon cocktails you will love
More tequila cocktails you should try
- Roasted strawberry margaritas
- Spicy pineapple margaritas
- Cantaritos cocktail
- Mexican candy shot
- Ranch water
Go ahead. Have another drink!
If you love this cocktail, I’m sure you’ll love the rest of my drink recipes. Sign up to get my latest sent straight to your inbox every week.
1 can frozen lemonade mix, thawed
1 can (12 ounces) tequila
½ can (6 ounces) triple sec
2 1/2 cans (about 30 ounces) water
- 1 lemon, sliced
In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients. Stir until well combined.
Then, add lemon slices (optional).
Cover pitcher with plastic wrap or a lid, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve over crushed ice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Tequila
- Method: Stirred
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 22.5 g
- Sodium: 6.4 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.5 g
- Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: tequila and lemonade, tequila lemon cocktail, alcoholic lemonade, tequila lemonade cocktail, lemonade and tequila
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I will never recommend a product I don’t use or trust.